Hi! I run an Instagram channel where we give honest reviews of games and books! I'll gladly trade a Community Copy for a review!
A downloadable Roleplaying Game
GOLEM was created for the Lone Wolf Solo TTRPG Jam MK2 and has grown considerably since then. This is now a complete version.
What is GOLEM?
GOLEM is a solo roleplaying game designed to tell stories about a being twisted by magic who travels the lands to right the wrong.
GOLEM is different to other roleplaying games because it:
- Resolves uncertain outcomes with playing cards via quick action draws aiming to beat a 7 with partial success built into the system.
- Incorporates a free-form magic system that relies on building sets of cards.
- Uses progress track-inspired tools to govern activities that require continued effort such as delving into a dungeon or fighting a monstrous beast.
- Includes a loose and light and strange world for your adventures but is easily adaptable to any fantasy setting that includes magic.
- Focuses on shorter adventures that takes place in a generated hex region. One adventure, one region.
- "Overall, there is a ton of support for players in the game." - CroakersRPGCorner, Feb. 2023
What do you Receive?
- 42 page .pdf that is complete with bookmarks and internal links.
- A version of the .pdf is available with all black text on a white non-textured background.
- Two player sheets: one for the golem and one for the region.
- Quick reference sheet with regularly references tables.
- Rules that govern adventures in randomly generated hex maps.
In order to download this Roleplaying Game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this Roleplaying Game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you are in need and cannot afford a copy of the game, help yourself to a community copy of GOLEM.
Every direct purchase of GOLEM adds a community copy.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I'll add 10 copies so please feel free to grab one and I would love to view your review :) .
I loved this game! The setting is simple, but super evocative. Just enough detail to make you feel totally immersed and get your creativity going. Like what is a squid bag?? I've played for about 6 hours across 3 sessions and can totally keep going. Well done!
Thank you so much for the kind words, Seamonsmer!
Hearing you find joy in the world of GOLEM has inspired me :) .
How have you found the mechanics? Is there anything you have changed or found to be lackluster?
I really enjoyed the mind/body/gear card stack system. Personally, I prefer oracles that include lots of "yes, but" "no, and", etc. so I used a dice-powered oracle for my yes/no questions. They help kickstart storytelling better than a simple yes/no for me, but with the cards I was getting mostly yes/no.
Promising. Love RPGs with cards :)